North-East Against the Death Penalty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life Without Parole

2 posters

Go down

Do you believe Life Without Parole is a good form of Punishment?

Life Without Parole I_vote_lcap100%Life Without Parole I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Life Without Parole I_vote_lcap0%Life Without Parole I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Life Without Parole I_vote_lcap0%Life Without Parole I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Life Without Parole Empty Life Without Parole

Post  Jennie Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:07 pm

Do you believe in Life Without Parole either as an alternative to the Death Penalty OR as a form of punishment...?

Here is the place to discuss your views on this with everyone Smile
Jennie
Jennie
Admin

Number of posts : 552
View : Anti-Death Penalty
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://www.freekenneth.com

Back to top Go down

Life Without Parole Empty Re: Life Without Parole

Post  Jennie Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:11 pm

I believe it is a good form of punishment, but only for the most heinous of criminals.

I do believe that most people have the ability to reform.. Locking these people up for the rest of their lives is not going to teach them anything.... Why do that when you can give them a shorter sentence and make them EARN their way back into Society.... through learning, working etc....

Like Death Row.... i think locking these guys/girls up for the rest of their lives is basically saying that they can do as they please... What do they have to lose by killing a guard or another inmate or escaping etc.. nothing.... But give them a possibility of freedom and the ones who WANT to be free and who are capable of reform will earn their way out!!!
Jennie
Jennie
Admin

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://www.freekenneth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Neicey Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Weeeeeeeeell I strongly believe in life without parole for most psychopaths.
Yes indeed I do . There is no rehabilitation for them and To be honest I couldn't stand to think of Spikes killer having his/her freedom chritmas parties and social gatherings with loved ones. Unfortunately at the moment that is the case as there is not enough evidence to make an arrest. In his case the killer a hired hitman planned his murder, went and fetched a shot gun and came back and killed him. Unfortunately for Spike he had gone to the wrong house so infact Spikey wasn't event the intended victim. This kind of callous behaviour is indicative of a sociapath and is untreatable. They do not feel guilt or remorse they fail to learn by their mistakes they carry on abusing people without having a sense of regret, and are often charismatic characters, that gain peoples trust and therefore can continue to impose their behaviour on the most vulnerable. I really don't want them walking the streets with my kids out there
Unlike psychosis which can be treated , personality disorders cannot.
People with mental health problems continue to be treated appallingly when it comes to crime of any kind. I am concerned that the most vulnerable in our society should not be imprisoned and do deserve the best care that we can afford.
As for those who have killed because they were in the wrong place wrong time
temporary insanity( I did hit my ex-husband on the head with a chinese vase and lets face it, he could have by some fluke died!) then each should be judged by it's merits.
Kenneth Foster is a case that I dont think deserves life in prison. Don't get me wrong
he wasnt an angel, but most of these kids get involved in a culture because they think they have no other choice. He didnt kill anyone or plan to kill anyone he deserves a chance.
Neicey
Neicey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.myspace.com/theheathersuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down